Carbon Monoxide (CO) Facts:
- CO poisoning is responsible for over 20,000 ER visits per year
- ER visits for CO poisoning are the highest in Midwestern states
- CO is a colorless, odorless gas which makes it more dangerous since it is invisible to the senses
- Symptoms of CO poisoning can include: nausea, vomiting, headache, confusion, chest pain, and decreased level of consciousness
- Children are more vulnerable to the poisonous effects of CO
View our info-graphic below for common causes and prevention of Carbon Monoxide.
(click the image to enlarge/open in separate tab)